Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Box

I HATE clutter and a messy house almost more than I hate anything! Lately it seems as though my house gets especially cuttered from baby stuff to Lola's crazy tirades through the house. On top of that Josh and I leave our fair share of stuff out when we are in a hurry to go places. After breakfast, baths, the fight of doing hair, getting dressed, play time, and lunch I am finally left with a little time to clean while the kids nap. The only problem with that is Lola is in her bed and Dawson naps in our room. So today as I was cleaning I had an empty storage box that I was going to put into our crawl space but instead I filled it up with the stuff from the main living area of our house. It took me about 10 min to make it look the way I like it instead of a half hour plus of running things to and from the rooms in our house. Once they wake up I will have Lola help me put away her things and then put away stuff in our bedroom. I am sure I may be one of the last people to think up this concept but either way I am SO EXCITED! I can get all my "cleaning" done and then have some "me" time during the kids' naps. Who knows maybe this way I will actually get to shower EVERY DAY! That would be incredible and I am sure Josh would appreciate that too! If you have any other tips to making your nap time more efficient or just cleaning in general please send them my way! I love a good clean house!

2 comments:

Missy said...

That's a great idea; I should definitely do that!
Last month, my mom and sisters and I challenged ourselves to organize one thing a day for the whole month. It wasn't bad at all and by the end of the month my house looked great. I'm going to keep doing it a few times a week and I think my house will stay really organized. I'm excited to hear other ideas from your friends.
Hope you guys are doing well!

Dryden's said...

Thanks for the idea! I just pile it all on the couch or bed and then have no place to sit or sleep so I throw it all back on the floor. I'm really liking the tote idea!