Thursday, January 27, 2011

Lola is SO BIG!

Can't believe my little buddy turned 2 the first of this month. I am amazed at her every single day of my life and I love her more and more each day. Here is a summary of what my little girl has been doing this past year.
-She is learning a lot of Spanish and recognizes when we are speaking it to her. She can count to 10 (in both languages), name all of her body parts, (also in both languages), and says her prayers (once again, both languages).

-She became a big sister and is absolutely INCREDIBLE with Dawson. She loves him so much and reminds him on a daily basis. I was worried about her being jealous but she involves him in everything and has yet to show any kind of jealousy. Whenever he cries she says "Don't worry Dawsy, I'm coming to rescue you!! We have had to pull food out of his mouth on a few occasions because she just loves to help with him so much. They are now sharing a room and I find her sleeping on the floor by his crib quite often in the mornings. He adores her just as much and often times she is the only one that can get him to stop fussing. I think it is the most amazing thing I have experienced yet as a parent, to see how much they love each other.
-Started going to Nursery which she loves! She sings me the songs and tells me all about her friends that she gets to "play play play" with! She has learned several primary songs and sings them really well with very little help.

-Got rid of the binki! We did that about 7 months ago and moved her into her bed about the same time. I wanted her to be very well adjusted to both of those things before Dawson came around and she didn't disappoint. She struggles with changes at first but it doesn't take her long to get herself acclimated to new things.

-Her vocabulary, pronunciation, and usage of words is beyond amazing to me. She picks up on everything and we have full on conversations all the time. She remembers things so well and can remind me about things that happened weeks ago. She is using pronouns and puts ideas together so well. She just blows me away! I feel so cool that I am her mother!

- She has learned to recognize and "read" her name, Mom, and Dad. She has memorized so many books that she reads most of them to us using the right words on the right pages. It is so cool to watch. After reading her a book just a couple of times she has it pretty well known.

-We are in the potty training process and she knows when, how, and where to do it so it is just a matter of her wanting to. I thought she would love the seat on the "BIG" potty, but we got her her own little potty seat and she is so excited about it that I think that is going to be the key! Can't wait to only have 1 in diapers!

-We started doing "play dates" with my niece and she is learning to share and take turns pretty good. It will take a while but they have so much fun together and it is so good for her to be around kids her own age and not just me and Dawson.

-She is my right hand girl! She loves to get Dawson's diapers and wipes, pick out his clothes and help clean up her toys. She loves to help me do laundry and wash windows and throw things away. Shopping is not so much her thing unless she can throw stuff into a cart for me, but anything else she is totally game for.

I am so very proud of the little lady she is becoming. I thank my Heavenly Father each day for such a special and wonderful daughter. I see the determination and motivation in her already and I know that there are some very special things that await her wonderful life. She and Dawson are the best things that have ever happened to Josh and I and we talk about that on a daily basis. As you can tell I am pretty proud of my big two year old girl. We definitely have our terrible two moments, but overall I would have to agree that this parenting thing just gets better and better!

3 comments:

The Tolmans said...

We love little Lola too! She really is such a little lady. Time goes so fast!

The Cook Clan said...

Oh goodness, I can't believe how big she's gotten! Your little man is a doll! I love your new family picture.

Stringham Family said...

It is amazing how fast time goes by! I hope I can meet your adorable kids some day soon! She is a beautiful little girl! Being a mom is the best job in the world! Love ya!