Thursday, January 20, 2011

Vegas Baby!!!!

My first semester at college was spent at an Island off of Washington called Vashon. There were 20+ students all from very different backgrounds and places. I have kept in contact with a good majority of the girls and this last weekend we all came from our homes from across the country (literally) and met up for a weekend in Vegas. It was AMAZING!!! I have some very incredible friends with some amazing families and stories that inspired me to do and be a better wife, mother, daughter, sister, etc.... We stayed in a Resort type place and stayed up WAY too late talking, laughing, and crying together. It was a soul cleansing weekend in alot of ways! I missed my family alot but am so glad I took that time for myself and I feel rejuvinated and ready to be the woman that each of my sweet family members deserve.

A good friend living in Rexburg and I flew down on Friday, we cruised the strip Saturday during the day and that night went to Cirque du Soleil "Ka". There are no words for how incredible I thought that show was. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time and as long as I ignored the man with long flowing hair swinging around with glitter all over his body and a semi-small thong, I was BLOWN AWAY!!!!!! I hope everybody gets to experience something like that in their life time. It was AWESOME! Then we all went to a karaoke place where you get your own room and we ROCKED the night away!

Sunday was spent talking and laughing all day long! We talked about our goals for the future and throughout the weekend we took turns sharing our "Idea of the Year". We each brought an idea that has improved our lives this year and shared it with eachother. I was truly inspired! I learned so much and am so excited to implement these ideas into mine and my family's lives. I feel so incredibly blessed to have such wonderful friends. I truly consider them my sisters and am so grateful for the wonderful weekend we were able to spend together. Can't hardly wait for 2013 when we return to Vashon where it all began!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Drew and Brandi said...

Lindz! That is so awesome that you were able to go and your sweet husband held the fort down! I need to hear more details! Love ya! So glad you got to go!

The Tolmans said...

It sounds like you a blast! I don't think I would have been able to ignore the man in the thong though, you know how I just love that sort of stuff! haha. Glad you had fun!

Terri French said...

That sounds like a great weekend.