Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I love FACEBOOK!!!

We had a wonderful Christmas and New Year's which I will blog about later. We have some great pictures to share of our homemade Christmas and I will post them later. Lola had her 2nd Birthday which I will also blog about later, but I got some incredible news today so I just have to share it.



Facebook has kept me in contact with so many people from my mission that I otherwise would never know of again. A little background on my wonderful facebook experience today. I loved all of my mission but there was one area in particular that was very hard for me. My companion at the time and I had some issues, and although it seemed as though I worked harder than ever, it came with very little success. I have always felt a little bad about the time I spent in El Progreso, Jutiapa until today!!!!!



Yesterday I got a friend request from a lady I became good friends with who was not a member of the church and her husband had been inactive for years. They had two beautiful boys and not too long before I left they started coming to church. I hadn't heard much about her at all since I left and then she found me yesterday. I wrote her back and the message I got from her today made me cry tears of happiness. She told me that she had been baptized and that her and her husband and boys had been sealed in the temple 2 years ago. She also told me they added another little boy to their family and she was the Primary President of their little Branch. Obviously I wasn't there for the baptism but I now know some really good seeds had been planted before I left. She was and is a very dear friend. Because of the distance I haven't been able to keep up with her but thanks to facebook I can share in the joy the gospel has brought to her sweet little family. While I was there they met in a small house for church and I heard that the little Branch has grown so much the church has purchased land and is preparing to build these wonderful members a church house. I know Marlin and her family are an incredible asset to the branch and are serving so well to help strengthen the members there. I am so grateful I had the opportunity to serve a mission and the happiness it continues to bring me.

2 comments:

Drew and Brandi said...

Lindz, that is so awesome! What a neat experience!

Amber said...

What a neat story! Facebook is so nice to keep in touch with people. How awesome!