Friday, October 29, 2010

Dawson Ty Curtis

I know its been way too long! We have had a very busy couple of months and are so excited to welcome our new little man Dawson to our family. He is so great and we are all loving him SO much.

Here is a little review of how he came. Monday, Sept 27 around 1:15 pm I started having contractions. It was just Lola and I at home, Josh was at school and both my mom and Josh's mom were at work. I timed them for a while and when I realized they were coming real good I text Josh and let him know he needed to get home quick. I was in alot of pain so I called my dad to come home and take me to the doctor's and Brenda came to sit with Lola for me. Josh met me at the Dr.'s office and she told us to head to the hospital. I had gone to the hospital 2 times before Lola was born so I wasn't going unless my water broke or the Dr. told me to.

We got to the hospital about 3:30 pm, they got my epidural started and the contractions were still coming good for about 2 more hours and then everything slowed down real quick. Marsha my nurse/angel hooked me up on some PIT. I was at about a 5 at 9:00 pm then she checked me again at 9:45 and we were at a 10 and ready to go. It all happened so fast I didn't push my epidural button so by the time the Dr. got there to deliver I was feeling just about everything. Dr Hall (Dr Isbell was hunting) arrived at 9:55 pm and once he got all set up it was 3 minutes later our little Dawson arrived at 10:01 pm. He was 8 days early and weighed in at 8lbs 2oz and was 19 inches long. He looks just like his daddy and has the same sweet, easy going temperment as Josh too.

Just before he was born I had a little panic attack worrying how I was ever going to love another baby like my Lola, and I was so worred about how she was going to feel. I just adore my sweet daughter and I didn't want her to think that her place had been taken over by someone new. My mom always told me that it just happens, and it did. I love this little boy SO much and Lola has grown in to the role of a big sister perfectly. She is constantly kissing him and sharing her toys with him. They are going to be best friends and I am so glad we decided to have them so close together. I love having two kids. It has been an adjustment, but I really couldn't be happier. I am not going back to work which I am so grateful for, but being a stay-at-home mom definitely comes with its sacrifices. It is by far the hardest thing I have ever done, but it is beyond rewarding to see my sweet kids growing up and just how much they love eachother already.

Here are some pictures of the last little while.


4 comments:

Jenn said...

He is beautiful and I'm glad to see a post!!

Missy said...

We're so excited for you guys. He sure is a handsome little guy and I can't believe how much he looks like Josh, but he still looks a lot like you. It sounds like Lola is being really sweet with him. Hope to be able to see him soon! Congrats!

Cody and Jill said...

He IS SOOOOO handsome CONGRATS!!!

Terri French said...

You are a fabulous mom. Congratulations!!