Monday, May 24, 2010

Update

I have an AWESOME video to post of Lola, I just have to finish out recording our mini DVD to get it off, but it will be worth the wait...promise!

Saturday was Ashlee Charles (Ingram) baby shower and it was such an exciting day! I am so grateful to have worked with her the last 2 1/2 years and have spent so much time together. I was super emotional about the whole thing because I know she has waited so long and been so positive about this trial in her life. She is such an awesome example to me and I really can't wait to meet this sweet little girl!

Lola is growing up so fast! She is constantly talking and I can't even count how many words she can say now. She will sound out and try to say everything you tell her now. She is so helpful too. Josh and I were just sitting and being very entertained by her the other day and I was kind of cold. I asked Lola if she could get me a blanket (just to see what she would do) and she ran straight over to the closet and drug (dragged?) a blanket over to me. We were pretty impressed!

When Josh gets her out of bed in the morning she will run into our room and shut the door and pull on my robe that hangs on the back of my door and say "robe, robe", then its off to the bathroom where she tells me "eye, eye" so I put my contacts in. Then to the kitchen where she reaches for the top cupboards and says "Bow, Bow" for bowl so I will get her some breakfast. It starts my day off so great! She is such a doll and I know she is going to be a great big sister. I am sure it will be difficult for a while, but it will also be so fun to watch her learn and grow even more. I love being a mom and can't wait for our little boy to arrive!

1 comment:

Stringham Family said...

She sounds like such a sweet girl! I hope things go smooth when your new little bundle of joy comes! I am so happy for you that you will have a girl and a boy! That is so awesome! Congrats again! I can't wait to see that video of Lola! Love ya girl!