Sunday, November 29, 2009

Off She Goes

Looking in the mirror is one of Lola's favorite things to do lately. She is so full of life and has the cutest little personality! I thought I would put this video up so you could get a glimpse of the fun things that I get to enjoy every single day!

She has been kind of just waddling for about the last 4 days and yesterday she really gave it her all and OFF SHE WENT!!!! She is obviously not full on walking all the time just yet, but we are so proud of her and this big accomplishment in life. I love seeing her grow and watching each stage of her life. I know life gets hectic once they can move around but I don't mind the extra work when I can see how proud she is of herself and what she is able to do.

Josh and I had a wonderful Thanksgiving. My parents were in Mexico but it was our year to be with my family so we still got together and enjoyed good food, games, and lots of new memories. I have 4 little nieces that Lola absolutely ADORES! She followed them around, squealed when they played with her, and danced the night away with her girls. I love my family more than I can ever say and it is so fun to see all of our little families grow and watching our children play together and love eachother.

Liz and I went Black Friday shopping which was an absolute BLAST! We had so much fun together and I am grateful for the Curtis side of my family as well. We always have such a good time when we get together and I couldn't have picked a better family to marry in to. I am officially done Christmas shopping for Lola and have alot of Josh's done. I have decided I have to go every year because I have never had this good of a start on Christmas before.

We got our Christmas tree put up yesterday and it makes our home look so beautiful! I love Christmas so much. My mother always made this holiday so memorable and such a special time for family and remembering the Savior. It is such a blessing to now have my own little girl that I get to teach and help her understand the important meaning of this holiday season. I know she is still little, but I tell her all about the story of Jesus and showed her each of the pieces of the Nativity Scene and explained to her about it all. She really listened intently and I knew that she understood in her sweet little way. I love being a mother so much! That is truly the greatest gift or blessing I could have ever recieved.

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: