Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Weekend

Josh, Lola, and I had a really great weekend...but VERY tiring! To make a long story short, Lola was awake from 7:00 a.m. to about 2:00 a.m. Traveling and staying in new places is definitely not her thing! Josh had a mission reunion in Provo and although Lola was exhausted I didn't want to take josh away from his reunion. His mission presidents are from Argentina and who knows when he will get that opportunity again. So I tried snuggling with her in a quiet car but she just kept pointing toward the church and saying "dadn" (that is how she says daddy, it is the cutest thing ever!) After the reunion we drove up to Layton where we were staying with my aunt. Lola was so wound up she wouldn't fall asleep until about 2 a.m.

She got a little more sleep Saturday and were able to do some Easter Shopping and visit family for a while. Sunday morning we got up early and ready for General Conference. We got tickets to go and I was SO excited because I had never been before. We left 2 hours early to ensure we would get there with plenty of time to spare. The other couple that was going with us ended up taking about 20 minutes to finally get to our car. THEN after sitting in traffic for about 10 min we found out both the Beck St. and I-15 were closed so we had to detour clear out to Redwood Rd, to 80 East, onto 5th South. From there we headed towards Temple Square. We went to 3rd N only to realize our parking was on 2nd S. After a few more problems we made it to the parking garage and rushed over to the conference center. (Trying to keep up with Josh in heels and a budding pregnant belly was not the easiest task ever!) There was 15 min to spare and the group ahead of us headed into the Conference Center and we were told it was full! I was so disappointed, especially when the first speaker was Pres. Uchtdorf. The couple that was with us had never been to Conference either and she was from Bolivia and hadn't ever even been in the Conference Center. We were all pretty bummed! I just wasn't nearly the same listening to it on the radio!

HOWEVER, we did get to make it home in time for the annual Easter Egg Hunt at my sweet grandma's house. That has always been the tradition and since we are getting ready to sell her home I really didn't want to miss this last opportunity to have the easter egg hunt at her house. It was SO MUCH FUN!!! Lola caught on real quick and with some help from Granny B she was a little pro! Once she figured out the eggs opened up and had candy in them she got a little distracted! All of my nieces and nephews were there. Including the newest addition Cooper who is just a few weeks old! We all had such a good time and it was fun to reminisce about my sweet grandma and all the fun memories and years we spent celebrating Easter in her home.

Next post is all about Lola. She gets funnier everyday and i have so many cute things to post about my little sweetie!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

That is a bummer that you missed conference!! I've always wanted to go but never had the chance.

Stringham Family said...

That stinks that you didn't make it into conference! So sorry! Sounds like you had a wonderful Easter though! Congrats on being pregnant! I had no idea! That is great! When are you due? Hope all is well and that you are feeling well! Love ya!

The Cook Clan said...

Oh that is a bummer about conference. I found out last time, its kinda crazy there trying to get in and beat all the traffic. Better luck next time! ARe you prego?? I must have missed that. Congrats!